Exhibitions and events
Shandy Hall by Candlelight
2012 - 16th December 12
Tours begin at 4.00pm
- Saturday 8 December: tickets £15.00 book online.
- Sunday 9 December: tickets £15.00 SOLD OUT 13.11.12
- Thursday 13 December / Friday 14 December : 'Tales of Five Hundred Winters' a family story telling event in association with North York Moors National Park click for more details.
- Saturday 15 December: tickets £15.00 SOLD OUT 19.10.12
- Sunday 16 December: tickets £15.00 SOLD OUT 14.11.12
Experience what Christmas is like in an 18th century parsonage, with candlelit rooms, log fires and traditional decorations.
The curator will give a lively tour of the house sharing with you the history of the Hall and its many inhabitants over 600 years. The tour will include a chance to see a hidden 15th century wall painting not normally on public display and if you are feeling brave you can venture into Sterne's old cellar. This small vaulted room was built in the 18th century as a wine cellar and is not normally open.
After the tour you are welcome to join us by the fire for a complimentary glass of mulled wine and mince pie in the Old Kitchen.
Book early - last year the tours all sold out.
Booking essential - online by phone 01347 868465 or firstname.lastname@example.org