The Collection | Item Details

A Description of the Royal Palace, and Monastery of St. Laurence, Called The Escurial, and of the Chapel Royal of the Pantheon with a Catalogue of all the Statues and Paintings.

Description
This volume is fully bound in blue combed paste-paper covers, likely the original binding. Pasted onto the top left corner of the front paste-down is 1 small paper labels with "From the Library of Kenneth Monkman at Shandy Hall". Written on the front free end page is "From the Library of Sir George Armitage, to whom one of the plates is dedicated." and "of Kirklees Park, Halifax" and "£140.00"
 
Accession number
CCWSH:1021
Category
Book
 
Author/maker
Thompson, G; Francisco, Frey
Publisher
Dryden Leach; Hooper, S
 
Date
1760
Dimensions
Width:
250 mm

Height:
303 mm