Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the use of our website, shopping online, tickets and admissions.
By placing an order with us online, you are accepting the terms and conditions outlined below.
- We endeavour to keep items in stock and available for immediate despatch, however this may not always be possible. If an item is temporarily out of stock, we will contact you within two working days and advise you of the expected delivery time.
- If an item has been discontinued or we are unable to secure further stock of any item, we will cancel that order*.
*As with all online purchases, your completion of the checkout process does not explicitly guarantee we are able to supply the goods and reserve the right to cancel orders at any point up to delivery.
We have taken great care to ensure the reproduction of colour is accurate on our online shop.
Where items are handmade, actual size and colour may vary slightly but this is indicated in the product copy. *Computer monitors may also vary; therefore, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be a true likeness.
Prices and Payment
- We accept payment through PayPal and by Maestro, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit (via WorldPay) in UK Pounds Sterling only.
- Your payment will be processed prior to the good being dispatched.
- We make every attempt to ensure our prices are accurate. In the event of a pricing or description error we reserve the right to withdraw an item from sale, under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act.
- We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw temporarily or permanently any price or product description without notice.
- Where VAT is relevant it will be included at the standard rate.
Delivery (excluding special items as indicated at the time of purchase)
With our Standard Delivery service, we deliver to any UK mainland address and aim to dispatch goods held in stock within three working days of receiving your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible thereafter.
At the point of dispatch we will send you a confirmation email.
Please note that we are unable to accept liability for any delay to your delivery that is beyond our control.
Returns and Exchanges
If you are not entirely satisfied with your order, we will be happy to offer a full refund or exchange providing the goods are returned unused and in their original packaging within 30 days.
Returns postage is a direct cost to you and we regret that this cannot be refunded.
Rights of Cancellation
Once you have confirmed your order and payment with us, you have entered into a contract to purchase these goods from us.
You have a right to cancel your order within two working days of placing your order, providing items have not yet been dispatched.
If you wish to cancel your order please contact us on 01347 868465.
All items are quality controlled and checked for any faults before they are dispatched to customers. Should you receive an item that is not in perfect condition please contact us immediately.
Goods are faulty if they are received by you in a damaged state. Items that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear are not considered to be faulty.
If you would like to exchange a faulty item instead of obtaining a refund, please be aware that we can only replace it for the same product, subject to availability.
Refunds and exchanges will only be made within 30 days of purchase, via the original payment method, on production of the original receipt. When there is no proof of purchase, an arranged exchange or credit note may be arranged at the discretion of the staff.
We reserve the right to reject an order as a result of any of the following:
- The product you ordered is unavailable from stock.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- We have identified a pricing or product description error.
- We reserve the right to amend, modify or withdraw temporarily or permanently any price or product description or terms and conditions with or without notice. You shall not hold us liable for any such modification, amendments or withdrawals.
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
- You agree fully to indemnify The Laurence Sterne Trust, its trustees and employees from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, arising out of any breach of our terms and conditions by you.
- You agree to not hold us liable for any damages, losses, costs and expenses caused by any delay to delivery of your order, or any other event beyond our control.
Website Terms and Conditions
All reasonable efforts have been made to obtain copyright permission for information quoted and images, audio- or audio-visual material reproduced on this site. If we have committed an oversight, we will be pleased to agree with the copyright-holder a procedure to either rectify it in a subsequent edition or otherwise withdraw the material from the site.
- Disclaimer/Limitation of liability. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Laurence Sterne Trust and/or Shandy Hall, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “as is” and on an “is available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will The Laurence Sterne Trust be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. The Laurence Sterne Trust does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. From time to time we may publish links to websites which we feel could be of interest to you. We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the sites we recommend reflect the same high standards as those of The Laurence Sterne Trust, although we cannot be held responsible for the content of any external web sites. Please contact us to report any problems or broken links.
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property. Any material found within the pages of www.laurencesternetrust.org.uk, including text or images may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use. Permission for any other use must be obtained by contacting us. We allow you onto this web site in return for you agreeing not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the material contained in this site. In addition, the material cannot be used for any other purpose other than for your own personal and non-commercial use unless the appropriate permission has been granted by The Laurence Sterne Trust.
- Services and Products. All products and services mentioned in this site are subject to availability and are available at the sole discretion of The Laurence Sterne Trust.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified The Laurence Sterne Trust from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your entry to and use of the site other than in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Law and Jurisdiction. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Rules and Regulations. Occasionally within the site you may find other rules or terms relating to specific material which may conflict with or contradict these terms and conditions. These could be rules for competitions, specific download requirements, or ticket offers, for example. If there is any conflict then the rules or terms relating to specific material will win out over the more general terms and conditions.